Digital Marketing Swiss Knife Internship
Are you a versatile and curious person with a thirst for learning? Are you passionate about graphic design, digital marketing and most importantly growth? Are you fun to work with and would like to work with founders who previously worked for startups backed by Silicon Valley VCs? If your answer is “yes” to all of these questions then the rest may interest you.
At Alpha Premium we know we can improve our online presence by a mile and deliver more quality content, because yes, we can do so much better. Under the Digital Skills for Youth Program, we’re looking for someone to own that function and be dedicated to it. Thus, Alpha Premium offers you the opportunity to apply and expand your graphic design and digital marketing skills while making a significant contribution to the advancement of our business!
Who is Alpha Premium?:
Alpha Premium is a young start-up founded in December 2019 specializing in the design and development of automated business decision-support technology tools using artificial intelligence. Our products aim to help businesses in the e-commerce, real estate and tourism industries generate growth and increase ROI.
Our team works in remote mode and is distributed across Quebec. We are very open to new ideas and technologies. We are also part of 2 incubators in the greater Montreal area and we are positioning ourselves as participants in the global recovery in this period of health, economic and social crisis.
We have strong core values and we stick to them. Here are our 7 core values:
- We act like entrepreneurs. We are used to working with limited resources. We are therefore creative in generating value at a low price before taking more expensive actions. We are not afraid to roll up our sleeves and understand small business leaders because we are entrepreneurs ourselves. We put in the necessary hours and are not afraid to make the necessary efforts with courage and determination to always go further.
- We are pragmatic. We are focus on delivering results for our partners. We have a DNA of experts in Data Management and Finance, which means we are not afraid to dive into your data and to suggest more precise and concrete actions to generate a better return on investment (ROI).
- We act as guides, trainers and sherpas. We work in collaboration, not in silos. Our clients are not clients, they are partners, we guide them like they do with their partners in Ecotourism. We show them how to become autonomous if it’s their wish and we do not hesitate to communicate any new information with them.
- We deliver on time. We are trustworthy and accountable, we honor our commitments and we have a transparent approach to all our partners: clients, colleagues and partners.
- We are passionate: We are never done learning and seeking to increase our knowledge for the benefit of our partners. We recognize talent and nourish it. We are data-driven and pay attention to details. We meticulously investigate when metrics differ and seek to understand the justification.
- We are concerned about our ecological footprint. We use eco-friendly search engines (e.g. Ecosia, Lilo, OceanHero), we are concerned about our ecological footprint, but also that of others. We love nature, ecotourism and want to leave an ecologically healthy legacy for our children. We are currently in the process of being accepted to be part of the B Corp movement and the 1% for the planet movement. We are 100% remote since our creation.
- We are open to suggestions to constantly improve. We pursue the principle of “Idea Meritocracy”, which means that the best idea wins. Great ideas emerge in unconstrained environments. The best idea is the one that makes sense and not the one suggested by the person with power. We believe that working to improve a community is the social investment that pays the most in the long term.
During your internship, here’s a look at a few tasks you could help with:
- Design visuals for the omnichannel strategy you’ll thereafter execute.
- Constantly improve website conversions using best-in-class tools.
- Create meaningful content targeted to our audience.
However, we are primarily looking for someone who can:
- Learn and be an important contributor in our business.
- Adapt to many different situations.
- Evolve at the same time as our business through this opportunity.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University degree that makes you better at what you do.
- Experience in designing performance-driven, user-centric visuals that resonate with audiences and lead to desired conversions.
- Knowledge and experience of Google Analytics, Google Ads and Hotjar.
- Knowledge and experience applying social media best practices.
- Knowledge and experience of SEO best practices.
- Basic front-end coding experience (CSS, HTML); an asset.
- Experience integrating web page designs using WordPress; an asset.
- Fluent in English, and French is an asset.
- Any experience in either the Travel or Real Estate industry is an asset.
- Experience in taking better photos than our CEO (hint: he’s pretty bad at this task).
- Be eligible for the Digital Skills for Youth Internship Program (see criteria below).
- Working hours: 40 hrs/week, Monday to Friday, flexible schedule.
- Duration: 6 months with the possibility of full-time employment at the end of the internship.
- Hourly salary: $17 to $22 + bonus.
- Workplace: Remote.
- Flexibility to work from where you want.
- Founders with experience in Silicon Valley VCs funded startups.
- You will work with experts in this area.
- The possibility to build everything from scratch without any legacy in place.
- Lots, lots of potential to grow your career.
- Access to 2 incubators resources and its network.
- Access to the equivalent of at least 5 days of training per year.
The intern must meet the criteria outlined below:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship.
- Be a post-secondary graduate.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
- Self-assess as underemployed, meaning they are employed below their level of education, are unemployed, or hold part-time employment.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Alpha Premium we are committed to Employment Equity and to achieving diversity in the workplace. We therefore encourage people from these five designated groups to apply: Indigenous peoples, official languages minorities, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
This initiative is funded by the Government of Canada.
If your values are similar to ours, please fill out the following form and attach your resume to apply.